interuniversity research group “Domenico Losurdo”, belonging to the Department
of Humanities of the University of Urbino, announces – together with the
Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici, the Internationale Gesellschaft
Hegel-Marx für dialektisches Denken and the journal “Materialismo Storico” – a
contest for the assignment of three prizes for scholars and researchers, for
authors of unpublished monographs, degree theses or essays concerning the
thought, work and method of Domenico Losurdo.
prizes have been funded by the fam. Losurdo, the Department of Humanities of
the University of Urbino and the Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici.
prizes will be given on March 2023, at the University of Urbino, on the
occasion of the Third edition of the seminar “Dialectics and Human World: From
Domenico Losurdo Onwards”. The seminar will be inaugurated by prof. Francesco
Fistetti, (University of Bari “Aldo Moro”). On that occasion, the winners
will present their theses and discuss them with the research group and the
Art. 1 Selection
Participants must not exceed the age of 40 years at the deadline for submitting
2. The texts must be unpublished and drawn up not before 2021.
3. The languages that can be used are: Italian; German; English; French; Spanish; Portuguese.
4. The expected amount is 1.000 euros for the first place, 600 euros for the second, 400 euros for the third place.
5. The thematic areas of the papers must be the following:
as postmodernist, Nietzsche as precursor of National Socialism or Nietzsche as
“aristocratic rebel”? The interpretation of Will of Power, Eternal Return, Übermensch
and Apollonian/Dionysian through philology, hermeneutics and
Peace, Non-Violence in a changing world. The issue of democratizing
international relations – Liberal Democratic imperial idealism and geopolitics
and Rights of Moderns – Libertas maior, libertas minor, conflict
minimum length of the text must be 50.000 characters including spaces.
7. The deadline for the application and abstract (about 2/3000 characters) is 15th July 2022. The deadline for the full text is 31th December 2022.
8. The prize will be awarded by a commission made up of members of the “Domenico Losurdo” research group and a member of the Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici. The award of the prize will be based on the following criteria:
ability to grasp the complexity of the issues addressed by Domenico Losurdo and
to deal with them in an original and not merely repetitive way; dialectical
attitude and balance in the historical-political approach to philosophical
command of the scientific method of philosophical and political historiography;
comparison with national and international literature;
Commission will identify the work to be rewarded with a reasoned and
unquestionable judgment. In the event that none of the received text proves to
be appropriate, the prize will not be awarded. In the event that the texts
judged as appropriate should be lesser than 3, the Commission may decide to
assign a number of prizes lower than established in the call. In the event that
no text is clearly more valid than the others, the first prize can be divided
into two lower prizes.
Requirements and rules for participation
Commission will not consider incomplete applications and/or applications
received after the deadline.
2. The application form must be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com ; the application must have as subject: “Application form Domenico Losurdo International Prize III Edition”.
3. In the application form, the candidates have to include directly in the body of the e-mail the following data:
place and date of birth;
address, telephone, e-mail;
University and Degree Course attended (if it is already obtained);
in the event of obtained graduation: year of graduation,
title of the thesis, speaker and co-supervisor, date of discussion of the thesis and grade obtained (or equivalent qualification);
possible certificate of Ph.D and information on the related thesis;
curriculum vitae with possible research experiences and publications;
the scanned copy of a valid identity document must be attached in PDF format.
4. In the
application, the candidates must indicate in which of the thematic areas
indicated above (art. 1.5) their paper is placed.
5. The application and the abstract must be sent no later than 15th July 2022.
6. By the closing date of the competition, 31th December 2022, the full text must be sent in PDF format to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org indicating as subject: “Text for Domenico Losurdo International Prize III Edition”.
3 Processing of personal data.
disclosure required by art. 13 of the “Codice in materia di protezione dei dati
personali” (Decreto Legislativo 30th June 2003, n. 196) is available
on the website of the University of Urbino at the internet address: https://www.uniurb.it/ateneo/identita/portale-web-di-ateneo/privacy-e-cookie-policy In any
case, pursuant to Article 13 of Legislative Decree No. 196 of 2003 and
subsequent amendments, the personal data transmitted by the competitors will be
processed by the “Domenico Losurdo” research group exclusively for the purposes
of managing this procedure and any award procedures in question. The
communication of such data is mandatory for the purpose of assessing the
participation requirements, under penalty of exclusion from the selection.
4 Advertising and safeguard rules
notice will be published on the following websites:
persons will find information on the timing of the evaluation and the awarding
of prizes on the home of the aforementioned sites.
winning candidates will be contacted by communication at the e-mail address
indicated in the application. Selected works and other works judged to be
interesting will be published in the journal “Materialismo Storico”.
For further information write to: email@example.com